Freddies handmade jewellery

Monday 23 April 2012

DO NOT TRUST SOY!

So this whole 'dairy free' thing is, to be honest, getting me down a little. You'd be surprised what foods contain dairy sometimes. When was it made a rule that cow boob-juice had to be splashed willy nilly into let's face it; everything. Oy.

The real sincher has been the tea. I swear by my tea. Several cups a day, easy. With a sink and kitchenette in my room, I'm pretty self-contained, so tea is no problem. Let me tell you people, rice milk and soy in tea is probably what hell tea would be. Makes the whole thing taste like scout camp conditions; s***ty water.

My problems all really kicked off with dairy when I became addicted to caffeine. Living and working in and around central London 6 days a week will do that to you. Starbucks' secret language drinks, once you've mastered the lingo, are addictive and equally expensive. But when I say master the lingo, having started off with black americanos, after several years, I began to ask for;

Grande Skinny Latte With Two Extra Shots And Sugarfree Hazelnut Syrup

...even I was amazed that I could come out with said sentence after a wheezy running-of-the-commuters at 8am in the morning. Anyway, all of a sudden the eczema had returned with a vengeance, and it was time to stiop kidding myself that I was ever, nor had ever, been a dairy queen. Fudgeth. So, okay; I can still have my secret lingo coffees, just gotta 'soy them up'. I felt like an utter ponce adding the word 'soy' to the above order, and like a fool gaining weight the second I'd switched.

In fairness, unless you wear a suit, have an over-trimmed moustauche, briefcase and an obsession with being a faster walker than the dude to your left, I've always felt like an outsider in that place! So giving up the expensive coffees wasn't a problem. Withdrawal is over and I can type and everythgni.

My point being, that soy generally, is a lie. Don't fall for it, people. I've been all around Europe and goats' milk is preferable in many countries. Soy is full of fat and sugar being that it tastes like licking a backed-up cistern. Don't fall for it. If you want to fall for something, try the freefrom tesco chocolate bars. They're gorgeous!
Switch to goatsmilk, Olivio spread, and dark chocolate. It's not as disgusting as I once thought. Now Ben, (the old ball and chain) has taught me to suck, and not chew, our relationship has never been better. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment