Freddies handmade jewellery

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Kaffe Fassett At The Garden Of The Rose

So guess what I did yesterday?

This was a thrilling trip and I was very honoured to recieve an invitation to pop along and meet Kaffe Fassett at The Gardens Of The Rose in Saint Albans, which is not too far from me.

I popped along to cover the event for Love To Knit And Crochet Magazine, with my personal knitting advisor - my mum.

The gardens were sprinkled with Kaffe Quits amidst stunning floral displays

It's always good to have a second opinion on knitting events which is why I always make sure she is with me. That way I make sure to get a balanced view of whatever the event might be. And it's fun for us to do these things together. I owe her the fact that I'm knitting at all.

I had no idea this pretty little gem had been hidden in such a local area - and on one of the hottest days of the year, it was possibly the most beautiful garden I'd ever had the pleasure of visiting.

The press area gathered at the Pavillion near the entrance
 Having worked for Rowan for a good many years before moving on to publishing, it was a lovely opportunity to catch up with some old friends. I was not expecting a glass of fizz and a goody bag with some yummy Rowan Cashmere popped in (this is earmarked for a hat for the fella - it's his colour).
All the excitement was in the tent, where the fashion show was held
The highlight of the trip was the fashion show - telling the story of 30 years of Rowan. The first magazine came out the year I was born, so it has a very special meaning for me. I remember reading the mags and looking at the glossy pictures before I could understant the words.

The fashion show most certainly did not dissapoint. We had great seats and a fabulous view of the stunning garments.

 

It was really sweet as well because the huge crowd (it had to be fully booked, it was rammed in there) all came together when the older garments started coming round - especially the iconic Kaffe designs. All of a sudden we were all reminiscing about where we were the first time we'd seen certain garments, right down to where we were when we bought the magazines.

It was an amazing day which ended with Kaffe planting a Rowan Tree to commemorate the 60th Rowan Magazine (they do a Spring/Summer and an Autumn/Winter each year). Although sadly we couldn't stay for that bit.

If it ever happens again, I wholeheartedly would recommend you attend. I've also since found out that The Society Of The Rose also host as a wedding venue and let me tell you, I can't think of a better backdrop on a nice day for your treasured wedding photographs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment